Great Contract Analyst/Paralegal opportunity with Traylor Bros., Inc!
Traylor Bros., Inc. (TBI) provides comprehensive, cutting-edge heavy civil/underground construction services through traditional and non-traditional delivery methods. TBI has completed more than 135 complex bridge construction and rehabilitation projects across the nation, including world record cable-stayed structures and segmental bridges. The group also has a history of providing some of the country’s largest port authorities and the maritime industry with the construction of deep water container piers, wharf facilities, transit terminals, locks, and dams.
What makes us different?
Our Mission is to excel at constructing complex infrastructure safer, better, and faster by engaging the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit of our team members and providing limitless opportunity for personal and professional growth in a close knit and collaborative organization.
Our Core Values:
Safety. We are committed to providing a safe work environment. This is always our priority.
People. Our talented team is our greatest asset. We provide opportunity, reward performance, and support a positive and balanced work environment.
Innovation. We have the ability to engineer creative solutions to overcome any obstacle.
Ethics. We are honest and ethical in all our business dealings.
Communication. We encourage open and honest communication throughout our organization.
Community. We add value to our industry and the communities in which we work.
Review contracts to assess risks and recommend revisions to ensure compliance with the Company’s contracting and insurance program, appropriate risk allocation objectives, and with legal and professional standards; provide guidance to Company departments on contracting and administration issues; manage contract management system as requested; manage multiple priorities; and establish priorities based on strategic goals, risk impact, and business rationale.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support legal department with review and analysis of contract terms and conditions to: 1) ensure compliance with Company’s contracting and insurance standards; 2) minimize risk and liability to the Company; 3) achieve operational and financial goals of the Company; and 4) assist in compliance with applicable laws, statutes, and/or regulations.
- Identify issues requiring business and legal input/review, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Present clear, concise, and analytical executive summaries regarding contract issues and implement established path to finalize contracts.
- Assist legal and operational units with establishing standards for applicable contracts and with incorporating these standards.
- Ability to explain complex legal provisions to operational units and to provide guidance to these units to help them account for contract issues in bidding and to effectively and efficiently manage operational contracts.
- Provide oversight of contracting function and training as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated abilities in contract administration and construction contracting methodologies (Design/bid/build; CM at Risk; design/build, etc.
Ability to understand and explain complex legal provisions to operational units and to provide guidance to these units to help them account for contract issues in bidding and to effectively and efficiently manage operational contracts
- Commitment to act in the best interests of the Company despite internal and/or external pressures
- Contracting experience in a construction environment
- Experience with utilizing competitive processes (requests for qualification, requests for proposal, requests for information) and reviewing related contract documents. Knowledge and understanding of various types of insurance coverage (commercial general liability, professional liability, etc.) a plus
- Exceptional organization skills, strong self-motivator with high attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills indicative of an ability to interface effectively with attorneys, as well as internal and external customers.
- Excellent time and deadline management skills in fast-paced environment, able to juggle multiple projects and reprioritize quickly and efficiently.
- Familiarity with common legal terminology.
- Minimum five to seven years in contracting, with a strong emphasis on reviewing a wide variety of contracts
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate degree, or Paralegal Certificate required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
Traylor offers best in class benefits not limited to:
- Very competitive pay
- Optimal health, vision and dental care insurance programs with very low premiums
- Company bonus programs
- Personal development opportunities
- 401K with up to 7.5% Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Family-like company culture
- Opportunities to participate in local or world-wide community based eventsTraylor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Traylor is an Equal Opportunity Employer