Great Project Engineer Opportunity for our Purple Line Project!
Traylor Underground Project Engineers (PE) direct construction project teams to achieve construction and business goals of the project. The Project Engineer serves as liaison between the client, project manager, subcontractors, and the company to ensure the project advances safely, accurately and efficiently. Project Engineers are the go-to people who make a construction project work. PEs review plans and financial projections for the job to be sure they are accurate and reasonable. PEs create project schedules and work with internal teams, subcontractors, and business partners to ensure the work is done safely, properly, and on time.
This position will begin with PE assisting with projects already in progress to learn Traylor Bros., Inc. practices and processes. This position may also assist in developing estimates, projections, schedules and bid documentation for future work. Initial assignment will be at Traylor’s Purple Line job site located in Maryland, or out of Traylor's office in Alexandria, VA.The ideal candidate for this position is flexible with locality, has a history successfully accomplishing many of the key tasks and responsibilities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with construction managers and superintendents with planning, staffing, scheduling, budgeting, quality control, safety and coordination of subcontractors and internal technical and support staff
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling, and performance
- Perform tasks maintaining all health, safety and environmental rules and procedures and ensure all work is done in a manner which enhances the safety of the project
- Perform engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and handling minor problems of a technical nature arising during construction
- Manage the flow of technical information between Owner, Engineer, and company
- Assist the project team in building/maintaining project schedules
- Assist the project superintendent in the coordination of subcontractors
- Track owner and subcontractor change orders
- Manage the procurement schedules for the project
- Assess constructability of projects at the design stage, determine magnitude of effort required to execute, and thoroughly assess the impact of the construction project on existing facilities and operations
- Execute construction plans to specifications in accordance with all applicable codes and standards
- Responsibilities may include: field engineering, operation planning, cost control, project scheduling, quantity tracking, material procurement, contract administration, estimating and supervision of field activities
- Investigate problems and/or reported incidents; identify and recommend solutions/alternatives as appropriate
- Review plans and specifications to determine material requirements (quantities and qualities), pricing of materials, etc.
- Work with and be part of the estimating departments during project procurement phases
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management.
Skills and Abilities
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Effective listening
- Very high attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Blue Beam, project management software, and HCSS Heavy Bid software
- PLC’s and ladder logic programming desirable
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong leadership abilities
- The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
- Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc.
- Willingness to relocate
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required
- Minimum of 10 years of underground engineering, shaft/tunnel construction, drill and shoot shaft excavation and tunneling, and blast planning.
- Experience with tunnel/shaft excavation equipment and logistics planning.
What you can expect from Traylor Bros., Inc.
Traylor Bros., Inc. is one of the nation’s leading heavy civil contractors. Founded in 1946 and found success by taking on — and succeeding with — extremely challenging projects. Our combination of honesty, courage, and innovative abilities are the traits that embody the team. We have a staff of highly competent dedicated professionals employing some of the most innovative construction techniques in the industry to build landmark bridges, tunnels, and marine structures. Working at Traylor Bros., Inc. will give you a sense of accomplishment you may not find elsewhere.
Traylor offers best in class benefits not limited to:
- Very competitive pay
- Optimal health, vision and dental care insurance programs with very low premiums
- Company bonus programs
- Personal development opportunities
- 401K with up to 7.5% Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Family like company culture
- Opportunities to participate in local or word-wide community based events
Traylor Bros., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.