Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction of structures, such as bridges, ports, dams, and underground systems.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Plan and design structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety standards.
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and structural repairs to managerial personnel.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management.
- Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Using mathematics and scientific rules/methods to solve problems.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Determining the kinds of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Ability to work well in a non-structured environment.
- Demonstrate the ability and behavior necessary to lead others in accomplishing individual and team goals.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel, database management, AutoCAD
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering-related field
- 0-5 years experience (Field/Office Engineer/Engineer Intern)
- Previous heavy civil construction experience preferred
This position may also assist in developing estimates, projections, schedules and bid documentation for future work. Initial assignment could include any of Traylor’s offices located in Long Beach, CA, Evansville, IN, or Alexandria, VA, prior to reassignment to one of our active projects. The ideal candidate for this position is flexible with locality, eager to learn, exhibits strong work ethic, and meets the minimum requirements listed above.
What you can expect from Traylor Bros., Inc.:
Traylor Bros., Inc. is one of the nation’s leading heavy civil contractors. Founded in 1946, Traylor Bros. has gained success by taking on — and succeeding with — extremely challenging projects. Our combination of honesty, courage, and innovative abilities are the traits that embody the team. We have a staff of highly-competent and dedicated professionals employing some of the most innovative construction techniques in the industry to build landmark bridges, tunnels, and marine structures.
Traylor offers best-in-class benefits, including:
- Competitive pay
- Optimal health, vision and dental care insurance programs with low premiums
- Company bonus programs
- Personal development opportunities (training, mentorship, etc.)
- 401K with up to 7.5% Employer Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Family-like company culture
- Opportunities to participate in local and world-wide charitable events
Traylor Bros., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For detailed information on our EEO policies, please: <click here>