Design Manager opportunity with Traylor Bros., Inc!
Traylor Bros., Inc. (TBI) National Heavy Civil division provides comprehensive, cutting-edge heavy civil/underground construction services through traditional and non-traditional delivery methods. TBI has completed more than 135 complex bridge construction and rehabilitation projects across the nation, including world record cable-stayed structures and segmental bridges. The group also has a history of providing some of the country’s largest port authorities and the maritime industry with the construction of deep water container piers, wharf facilities, transit terminals, locks, and dams.
What makes us different?
Our Mission is to excel at constructing complex infrastructure safer, better, and faster by engaging the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit of our team members and providing limitless opportunity for personal and professional growth in a close knit and collaborative organization.
Our Core Values:
Safety. We are committed to providing a safe work environment. This is always our priority.
People. Our talented team is our greatest asset. We provide opportunity, reward performance, and support a positive and balanced work environment.
Innovation. We have the ability to engineer creative solutions to overcome any obstacle.
Ethics. We are honest and ethical in all our business dealings.
Communication. We encourage open and honest communication throughout our organization.
Community. We add value to our industry and the communities in which we work.
Schedule and Resource Management. Communicate critical milestones of project development including: site assess, concept review, interim design, final design, and permitting. This position will be located out of one of our three main offices in Evansville, IN, Long Beach, CA or Alexandria, VA.
Key Task and Responsibilities:
- Establish and track the development of all design deliverables during both the procurement phase and the project execution phase, ensuring on-time completion, and coordinating all.
- Manage responses to Requests for Information (RFI’s)
- Lead all task forces associated with the project and report to the Proposal Manager during the pursuit phase, and the Project Director during the execution phase.
- Monitor design development against schedule and budget
- Generate deliverables list and establish required level of pre-bid design, in conjunction with the Lead Estimator and Pursuit Project Manager
- Generate deliverables list and establish required level of design during project execution with the Construction Manager, Project Managers and Project Engineers
- Review and approve all design-related questions/clarifications to Owner, in coordination with the Proposal Manager
- Manage the lead sign firm’s services during procurement and post award and establish a design budget and cost tracking system
- Ensure constructability of design and compliance with FRP speciation’s
- Lead/manage the brainstorming and development of Alternative Technical Concepts (ATCs) with task force
- Determine where independent design checks are required (typically for high risk structures and foundations.)
- Coordinate the interface between design, estimating and construction operations teams
- Draft and gain approval for post-bid design scope and fee with Designer
- Develop post-bid design schedule with Designer, and coordinate/integrate with construction schedule through construction operations staff
- Assure that the Proposal document includes intent, enhancements and benefits generated in the design process
- Lead the page-turn of RFP design documents with Proposal Manager, Estimators and Designers.
- Participate all discipline task force teams, peer reviews, and evaluation of construction means and methods
- Assist in coding design related invoices to properly track project expenses to the budget
- Maintain paper and electronic filing and archiving systems for design related files
- Responsible for project deliverables and or professional communication management such as:
- Requests for Information (RFI’s)
- Design Clarification/Variation Requests (DC/VR’s)
- Status reporting
- Submittal tracking
- Contract Documents
- Architects\Engineering Reports (A\E’s)
- Operations and Maintenance Manuals (O&M’s)
- Contract Drawings and Specifications
- Contract Close-Out Documentation and as built
- Assist in verbally communicating effectively with clients
- Draft correspondence, obtain necessary signatures and send at direction of Project Manager
- Assist in developing presentations for outside agencies and internal communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited institution and 10 years’ experience in Heavy Civil Construction, with 3 years’ experience in alternative delivery pursuits or projects.
- Previous management positions or alternative delivery projects in excess of $300 million.
Traylor offers best in class benefits not limited to:
- Very competitive pay
- Optimal health, vision and dental care insurance programs with very low premiums
- Company bonus programs
- Personal development opportunities
- 401K with up to 7.5% Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Family like company culture
- Opportunities to participate in local or word-wide community based events
Traylor in an Equal Opportunity Employer