Senior Estimator opportunity with Traylor Bros., Inc!
Traylor Bros., Inc. (TBI) National Heavy Civil division provides comprehensive, cutting-edge heavy civil/underground construction services through traditional and non-traditional delivery methods. TBI has completed more than 135 complex bridge construction and rehabilitation projects across the nation, including world record cable-stayed structures and segmental bridges. The group also has a history of providing some of the country’s largest port authorities and the maritime industry with the construction of deep water container piers, wharf facilities, transit terminals, locks, and dams.
What makes us different?
Our Mission is to excel at constructing complex infrastructure safer, better, and faster by engaging the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit of our team members and providing limitless opportunity for personal and professional growth in a close knit and collaborative organization.
Our Core Values:
Safety. We are committed to providing a safe work environment. This is always our priority.
People. Our talented team is our greatest asset. We provide opportunity, reward performance, and support a positive and balanced work environment.
Innovation. We have the ability to engineer creative solutions to overcome any obstacle.
Ethics. We are honest and ethical in all our business dealings.
Communication. We encourage open and honest communication throughout our organization.
Community. We add value to our industry and the communities in which we work.
The primary objective of this role is to prepare cost estimates for large-scale heavy civil construction projects including bridges, dams, and marine structures.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Consult with vendors, personnel in other departments or construction superintendents/engineers to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Analyze plan documents and other data to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project
- Design or coordinate design of temporary structures such as shoring, false work, cofferdams, formwork, and templates
- Review material and labor requirements to determine whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components
- Establish the likely progress and completion rates, including allowances for bad weather and other unforeseen circumstances
- Work with the estimating team to produce project schedules
- Calculate a final figure for the estimated cost, supplemented by adjustments for overheads and profit, and presenting a bid price
- Collaborate with the design team to produce constructible and cost-effective permanent facility plans in pursuit of design-build work
- Assist with bid closeout and final proposal preparations
- Assist with writing technical proposals
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Travel as required to attend meetings, site visits, training, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with HCSS estimating software a plus
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to analyze data
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is required.
8 years of estimating experience in heavy civil construction or 10 years combined fied and project estimating experience in heavy civil construction required.
Traylor offers best in class benefits not limited to:
- Very competitive pay
- Optimal health, vision and dental care insurance programs with very low premiums
- Company bonus programs
- Personal development opportunities
- 401K with up to 7.5% Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Family-like company culture
- Opportunities to participate in local or world-wide community based events
Traylor is an Equal Opportunity Employer