If you are interested in a career rebuilding heavy equipment for one of the country’s top civil construction companies, Traylor Bros., Inc. is currently seeking a highly skilled, qualified, and safe heavy equipment mechanic/welder at our Evansville, IN shop.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on heavy construction equipment including cranes, dozers, and mining equipment.
- Perform maintenance using the safest methods possible.
- Utilize best practices for shop and field maintenance and welding.
- Read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings as they pertain to components in heavy equipment rebuilding.
- Complete all maintenance related documentation and reports.
- Perform tasks in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a field of heavy construction equipment including, mining and/or related industry.
- Must have a strong knowledge of diesel engines, transmissions, torque converters, marine gears, gearing and shaft work, under carriage, hydraulic and equipment electrical systems (12VDC to 120VAC).
- Must be qualified and able to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner and with the highest level of attention to detail and quality.
- Stick & semi-automatic welding experience is preferred.
- Applicant must be capable of passing an AWS Certified Welding exam in vertical & horizontal weld positions.
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated and strong work ethic.
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Traylor Bros., Inc. offers competitive compensation, with one of the best benefits packages in the industry that includes insurance and pre-tax defined contribution retirement plan.
Traylor is an equal opportunity employer.